6th-grade students (and new students to 7th and 8th grades) receive iPads, cases, and keyboards during the first few weeks of school. The specific iPad, keyboard and case will be theirs to use until they graduate 8th grade from Christ the King. The school pays for the ipad, case and keyboard, but requires the parents (or student) purchase the AppleCare+ insurance. The fee is $99 if you pay cash, or $102.45 if you pay using a debit, credit or PayPal.
Access the complete iPad Policies Agreement.
Please attend the parent meeting on Tuesday, August 13 at 6 pm. You will receive your child’s username and passwords, and learn how to maneuver around with the important applications on the ipad. Give us a quick RSVP to let us know you are on board!
The school will…
- provide filtered Internet and email access to the students.
- provide data storage with cloud-based storage.
- provide staff guidance to aid students in using the iPad ethically for educational focus, including research and holding students accountable for acceptable use.
- provide email that only works to and from student and teacher.
- provide usernames and passwords to parents, and teach parents what they need to monitor and support their children.
- train students on workflow and app usage to get their work done.
The parent will…
- talk to their children about values and the standards of acceptable use of the Internet the same as other media information sources such as television, telephones, movies, and radio.
- monitor the use of the iPad and are encouraged to view student work, ask the student to be visible in their use of the iPad and to limit the use of the iPad to educational focus.
- hold students accountable for the care of the iPad.
- accept responsibility for the cost of replacement if an iPad is damaged.
- consider a bedtime check-in of the iPad to encourage sound sleep and increase accountability.
The student will…
- develop common sense and use the iPad for academic purposes only.
- keep track of usernames and passwords and keep them secure.
- use email, dropbox and Internet, and iPads in a responsible and ethical manner.
- monitor all activity on their account(s).
- obey general and specific school rules concerning behavior and communication.
- contact an administrator about any security problems they may encounter.
- return their iPad and charging cord, in working order at the end of each school year or on dis-enrollment.
iPad Participation Agreement
iPads will continue to be integrated into the curriculum for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade classrooms during the school year. Students who use these iPads will be required to adhere to the Christ The King Catholic School iPad Participation Agreement.
The school covers the costs for the use of the iPad for the duration of the year, iPad applications pertaining to each student’s particular grade level, books, the keyboard and a protective case. The iPad, charger, keyboard and case must be returned at the end of each school year in the same condition in which they were received.
Accidental Damage: Parents purchase AppleCare prior to accepting the iPad distribution. The school provides no service or repair for the iPad and it must be returned at the end of each year in the same condition it was received. In the event that the charger/charging cable becomes damaged, there is a replacement fee of $45.00. Replacing the case and or keyboard is $35.00
Vandalism or Theft: In the event that the iPad is vandalized or stolen, the student is required to file a police report. The parent will be charged a fee of $330 for the replacement cost of the iPad.
Intentional Damage: Intentional or negligent misuse and/or damage of iPads is not covered under this participation agreement and parents will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the iPad. This includes damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended educational purpose of the 6th, 7th, or 8th grade class curriculum.
Lost iPads: Lost iPads are not covered under this participation agreement and parents will be responsible for the full replacement cost of the iPad.
As part of the quest to be a developing mature, responsible student, students agree:
- I will take good care of my iPad.
- I will never leave my iPad unattended and I will know where my iPad is at all times.
- I will never let others use my iPad, including my siblings, except as specified in the CtK iPad Policy Statement.
- I will charge my iPad’s battery daily.
- I will keep the keyboard charged and will take care of it, including bringing it to school daily.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my iPad since they may cause damage to the device.
- I will not disassemble any part of my iPad or attempt any repairs.
- I will use my iPad in educational ways that are appropriate, meet Christ the King Catholic School expectations.
- I will not place decorations (such as stickers, markers, etc.) on the iPad. I will not deface the serial number iPad sticker on any iPad.
- I will not sync my iPad to another computer.
- I understand that my iPad and its stored contents, email and Google Drive are subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the property of Christ The King Catholic School.
- I will follow the policies outlined in the iPad Handbook and the Use of Technology Resources Policy while at school, as well as outside the school day.
- I will file a police report in case of theft, vandalism, and other causes for loss.
- I will be responsible for all damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse.
- I agree to return the iPad, keyboard, case and power cords in excellent working condition.
- I will respect and not touch other students’ iPads except as may be directed by a supervising teacher.
Students agree to the stipulations set forth in the iPad Policy, Procedures, and Information; the Acceptable Use Policy; iPad Protection Plan and the Student Pledge for iPad Use.